|Nationality||Passport Required?||Visa Required?||Return Ticket Required?|
Note: Since regulations may change at short notice, check details with the Embassy or High Commission.
Restricted entry: The government of Bangladesh refuses admission and transit to nationals of Israel.
PASSPORTS: Passport valid for 3 months after departure required by all.
VISAS: Required by all except the following:
- Nationals of Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Bhutan, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Jamaica, Guyana, Honduras, Lesotho, Malawi, Maldives, Montserrat, Papua New Guinea, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Uruguay, Vatican City and Zambia for stays of up to 90 days;
- Transit passengers continuing their journey the same for first connecting aircraft provided holding valid onward or return documentation and not leaving the airport;
- Tourist and business travellers arriving at Zia, Dhaka and Patenga international airports provided holding return air tickets may be granted ‘landing permission’ by the Chief Immigration Officer for stays of up to 15 days.
Note: Bangladeshi nationals holding dual citizens need not have a visa provided their passport is stamped with “No Visa Required”.
Types of visa and cost: Enrty, Visit, Tourist and Business.
- Visa fee for US Citizens is $21. Please enquire at any Bangladesh Mission in the United States for visa fee for nationals of other countries
- he following nationals can get their visas free of charge: Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Gabon, Guinea, India, Iran, Japan, Namibia, Paraguay, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Tanzania, Tonga and Trinidad & Tobago.
Validity: Single-entry: 6 months from date of issue for stays of up to 90 days. Double-entry: months from date of issue. Multiple-entry: 6-12 months from date of issue. Stays are for a maximum of 90 days each.
Application to: Consular Section at Embassy or High Commission (see Embassy Section)
- Valid passport.
- 2 completed application forms. (see below)
- 2 passport photographs.
- Letter of employment or other relevant letters for business and conference trips.
Working days required:
24 hours for single-entry visas; 48 hours for other types of visa. 7-10 days for postal applications.
Bangladesh Embassy Forms